KENZ News will conduct quizzes as described in these general contesting rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) cannot be transferred or exchanged for any other prize. All prizes must be redeemed within 30 days of the winner announcement end date unless otherwise stated in the quiz’s official rules. The company reserves the right to give the cash prizes worth PKR 50,000 to highest point scorers, PKR 25,000 to second highest point scorers, and PKR 15,000 to third highest scorers. If a winner cannot be reached or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. The amount for cash prizes is earned through ad exchange platforms as well sponsored by brands or businesses.
- Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be 18 years of age, at least. Employees of the Company, the quiz’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win.
- PR, Publicity, Promotion; Use of Personal Information. By participating in a quiz, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other quizzes and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the quiz, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the quiz to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
- Taxes. Any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number before any prize will be awarded.
- Conduct, Judging, and Decisions. By participating in the quizzes, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the quiz, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Suspicious, disruptive, annoying, harassing, or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the quizzes and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the quiz is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this quiz, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
- Miscellaneous. Void where prohibited. The chances of winning depend upon the number of participants. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules, or discontinue the quiz at any time as announced on the website. The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the quizzes. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the Station during normal business hours, or visit the Station’s website. All entries will be the property of the Company and will not be returned.
- Law Compliance. The conduct of the quizzes is governed by the applicable laws of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. KENZ News shall follow the applicable laws for conducting quizzes, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a cash prize, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the quizzes, etc. as required by local and state law.